Friday 20 September 2013

Blast From the Past: Baby Block Baby Shower Cake

Since I've discontinued writing in my former blog, I thought for a continual series I would bring over some of my previous blog posts and discuss past cake commissions as appropriate.

One of my favourite cakes I've made in the recent past (March of last year, to be exact), was a baby block "Welcome the the Family Little One!" cake. I made and decorated it with a fellow pastry chef, and we had a lot of fun with it!

We were given a picture of an inspiration cake, plus a napkin with the baby shower theme (jungle/safari animals), and were asked to "glom" them together.  As I remember, each "baby block" was a different, premium cake flavour as well.
 
Inspiration picture plus themed napkin

Our final design concept


We also made a metric butt-ton of cupcakes in the shower colours too

This little fishie in a tiny bowl (seen here on a palette knife) is my personal favourite

Little Tigers make me happy

Both of them

And who could hate this adorable little blue monkey? What's that on his tail?

Why, it's the fishing lure/bobber for the little fishie!
All in all, a great, fun cake to make, and we absolutely thrilled the clients, who have been faithful customers ever since.

And that's really what it's all about, isn't it? *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment